Low Back Pain
Lower back pain is classified as:
- Acute if lasting less than 4 weeks
- Subacute if lasting 4 to 12 weeks
- Chronic if lasting more than 12 weeks
- 90% of acute low back pain have no specific cause identified during evaluation and are labeled as Non Specific Low Back Pain
- Other Common Causes are: Spinal Stenosis, Disk Herniation and Compression Fracture.
- Less Common Causes are: Cancer, Spine Infections, Kidney infection or stone and Aortic Aneurysmer
Low Back Pain Red Flags (requires deeper more thorough evaluation to rule out non minor cause)
- Older age (>70 year).
- Recent weight loss.
- Limbs neurological deficit.
- Groin numbness and incontinence to urine or stool
- Abdominal pain
- Presence of chronic medical conditions.
- Immuno supressed patients
- Very high blood pressure.
- Pain is worse at rest or at night
- History of significant trauma
Medical Care One is an urgent care and Walk-in clinic in Ypsilanti. Urgent Care Online: We offer Telemedicine. Visit Urgent Care Near You – No Appointment Necessary. COVID-19 safety info.