Medical Care One is a COVID-19 test center.
- We provide RAPID COVID-19 Antigen test Onsite: Results are in 15 minutes.
- COVID-19 PCR Nasal swab test with reports available in 24-48 hours.
- COVID-19 Antibody Blood Test with reports available in 24-48 hours.
COVID-19 Testing Center in Ypsilanti, MI
In December of 2019 a new Corona virus strain caused a number of atypical lung infections in Wuhan, China.the disease caused by this virus is called Covid-19, this virus originated in bats and was transmitted to humans through unknown intermediary animals in Wuhan
The new Coronavirus appears to be similar to the one that caused severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and there is evidence that it originated in bats. This is how we think the virus started and how it ended up in humans (the lab grown virus theory has not been ruled out)
1-Animal Disease Reservoir is BATS
The virus is living and multiplying in bats without causing bats to become ill.
Virus “jumps” species barrier possibly by close contact with infected animals, then get transmitted person to person.
Changes in virus surface proteins can allow. The virus to attach to new host cells by mutation or recombination. 5-Infection: Both SARS andCOVID-19 can bind to cells using the same receptors known ACE2 allowing. The virus to get deep into the human lungs
- Infection is transmitted through large and small droplets during coughing, sneezing and talking of symptomatic patients
- Asymptomatic patients can transmit the virus too in the same way
- The virus may remain viable on certain surfaces for a period of time that can be long
- The virus is also present in stool
- It does not cross the placenta to infect the fetus
Symptoms: anyone can have mild or severe symptoms
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Body aches
- Loss of taste and smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Is the initial diagnostic option to check the presence of the viral antigen (Rapid onsite test) in the nasopharyngeal mucosa, or PCR nasopharyngeal swab to be sent to the the lab with results available within one to two days.
2-Blood Antibody Testing:
This test is useful to confirm the infection after a period of 1-3 weeks after onset of symptoms when enough antibody made by the body to fight the invading virus are detectable. This test is available with results reported within one to two days.